Get Set for Summer Starting Now
Get set for a summer without summer slide!
- Do a check-in on grades. Use the Mid-quarter check-in to get a snapshot of your child’s progress this year.
- Check-in with the teacher to get their take and address any significant concerns (like special education). Use the Parent-Teacher Conference tips to help!
- Look into getting a tutor for the summer to stay on track or work on catching up. Hire the best tutor with the tips I shared.
- Sign up for online academic programs in reading and math. Use these free reading and free math sites. Don’t worry, they’ve been vetted!
Get set for a summer of fun at home or on the go!
- Going to summer camp? Make sure you’re signed up soon! Camps fill quickly, so snag your spot fast.
- Plan for summer childcare, especially if both parents are working full or part-time.
- Scout the territory. Look at fun local spots to check out: museums, cafes, ice cream spots, and hikes.
- Get set for sun and pick up sunscreen. Even if you have some leftover from last summer, trash it and get something new. Don’t forget the hats and long sleeved rash guards!
- Pack your beach or pool bags. Check on your towels, chairs, and toys. Run to the store to replace damaged items!
Going away this summer? Get set for summer vacation starting right now!
- Location, location, location. Where do you want to go? Whether it’s a quick day trip or a longer vacation, make a list of some places you’d love to go with your family.
- Scout some travel plans: planes, trains, and automobiles. Start looking at your favorite GPS app to check on drive times. Then set up alerts for flights to far away locations. Don’t write off taking a train! Riding the rails can be really fun for kids.
- Pick out some tourist attractions or places to check out while you’re on vacation. Think: amusement parks, museums, beaches, tours, hikes, and shops.
- Create a budget that works for your family and your vacation ideas. Remember to factor in travel, lodging, meals, and sightseeing.
How are you going to get set for summer?
Make sure you’re getting weekly education advice and resources
by joining the MilKids Ed email list!
Looking for an edge on summer learning? Try these recommended resources!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.60Was: $12.95
Price: $13.48Was: $19.99
Price: $3.57Was: $3.99
Price: $7.56Was: $9.99
Price: $9.63Was: $11.99