I’ve always wanted to say that, but in reality I should thank Double Espresso for nominating me for the Liebster award. I so appreciate your kind comments, and hope that you continue to enjoy what you read here!
So, now to the the rules. Every award must have rules, and here are the rules for this:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Comment on one of their posts to let them know of their nomination. These bloggers must have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions the person who nominated you created. Then make eleven questions of your own for your nominees. You may use the same questions.
- Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
And now, the questions:
- How would you describe the perfect day?
I think I would wake up late and find an inbox flooded with requests for (paid) article submissions. I would slowly sip a completely fat-free/dairy-free mocha latte while munching on calorie free donuts that taste heavenly. I would take a book and a picnic to the beach, without taking my kiddo along with me. I would read all day long, in absolute serenity. At night, I would have a buffet meal of pizza, steak, paella, and pasta with a glass of red wine. Then I would relax before bed, with a good book!
2. Why did you begin blogging? And has that purpose changed any to date?
I started blogging originally to pass the time during a long deployment, but life got busy and I stopped. Then I started a travel blog about DC and the East Coast. I keep meaning to update it to reflect my new location, but somehow trying to make MilKids work for me has gotten in the way. Now I blog about education and military issues, with the goal of becoming a working writer and education expert in the hopefully near future.
3. When you see the scene of this world changing so drastically, do you feel hopeful or doubtful?
Sometimes. I worry that we will listen to extremists too much, that we will continue to put our selfish human needs of the present above the pressing climate needs of the future, that we will walk back education progress (and progress on all fronts), I worry about the seemingly endless cycle of wars which we are trapped in. But I have hope that people are essentially good, and that we will get our collective head out of the sand soon and try to fix what is wrong.
4. What was your favorite song your senior year of high school?
I honestly don’t remember. I really liked Dave Matthews, so probably something by DMB.
5. What advice would you give your younger self?
You have value and worth beyond what you look like, beyond what the scale says. And if you don’t like what the scale says, get up off your butt and do something about it!
6. If YOU could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
I would travel everywhere! I would love to take a super grand tour, and spend time in almost every country in the world (except maybe Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, or Syria). I would love to linger in a European cafe, to walk the Great Wall, to dive the Great Barrier Reef, and to see everything. My travel has been limited thus far, and I want to make the most of my time by doing all of it. Granted, it would take a few years to do it right. How long will my expenses be paid?
7. What is your special talent no one knows about?
I secretly enjoy creating artwork for my classroom. Almost every poster, worksheet, or pretty thing that was in my last classroom was hand-drawn or created using the computer. I love the relaxation of art, especially drawing and painting. But then again, my sister is an artist, sooooo……
8. Coffee or tea? With or without cream?
Yes, please! and I’ll pass on the cream. Just give me some sugar, cinnamon, or cocoa powder.
9. What is your dream job?
This has changed so much over the years. Right now, it’s a job that works around my husband’s military career, with flexibility in location and hours. One that pays well, and uses all of my strengths.
10. What makes a good friend a great friend?
Someone who listens, laughs, and calls you on your nonsense. Someone who is not afraid to just jump in and go with it.
11. What was your favorite movie growing up?
A League of Their Own. I adore Tom Hanks, and thought Geena Davis was such a strong female role model. Plus, baseball and World War II? This history buff was hooked!
And now, my nominees are (and this was hard because I literally don’t have time to read very much!):
- For allowing me to travel with you: The History Tourist
- For giving me hope as a writer: Alysha Kay
- Because, books: A Little Blog of Books
- Because, education: Thoughts on Higher Education
- For being brave and breaking your silence: Cute Girl with a Banjo
And now, my questions for you;
- What was your biggest hurdle in beginning your blog?
- How did you make it profitable for you (in whatever way you define profitable)?
- What are you passionate about? Why?
- What is something that someone could not tell just by looking at you?
- What is your favorite book? Why?
- When did you discover your happy place? What/Where is it?
- Describe the best trip. Why was it the best?
- Chocolate or vanilla? Explain.
- What is the kid’s book that has had the most impact on you as an adult?
- How did you get interested in your field of work or study?
- Is heaven real?
Thank you all so much!